These are the instruction for care before and after Microblading. It is very important to take the following precautions and to adhere to the instructions.
PRE-CARE (Things You May Need to do Before Microblading)
- Do not work out 24 hours before procedure.
- NO alcohol or caffeine 48 hours before procedure (Yes, there is caffeine in decaf coffee and tea!).
- Avoid sun and tanning one week prior to procedure.
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Advil/Ibuprofen 48 hours before procedure.
- Avoid Fish Oil, Prenatal Vitamins, Nutritional Shakes (Shakeology, etc.), “Hair, Skin, Nail” supplements 48 hours prior to procedure.
- Discontinue Retin-A, Chemical and Laser Peels, microdermabrasions, and Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) at least 6 weeks prior (and avoid on eyebrow area after procedure to prevent premature fading).
- Botox and filler on the forehead, temple, and eye area should be avoided 1 month prior to procedure for those who do not regularly receive injectables.
- Avoid the following herbs and spices 48 hours before procedure: ginger, cinnamon, garlic, black and cayenne pepper.
- No brow waxing, tinting, or threading one week prior (the more natural hair growth you have, the better!.
- Please Note: You will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
POST-CARE (Information you may need after microblading)
- Do not panic that the area treated may show redness straight after the treatment – this is quite normal and will fade over the rest of the day.
- The strokes may ‘disappear’ before the top up session, this is completely normal and most will show up once more in time for the second session. You may worry you are rejecting the pigment, this is completely normal – don’t panic.
- The color is up to 50% darker straight after the treatment. It will fade after 4-7 days and the true color will not come through until up to 4 weeks after initial treatment. During the healing process, the color may seem to have disappeared or appear patchy, as it is obscured by the healing skin. This is normal and it will return.
- Additional treatments cannot be undertaken until the area has completely healed. A 4 week healing time is required before any more work can be undertaken.
- If showering within 24 hours please try and avoid the water jets hitting the treated area.
- Try to avoid the gym, sauna or pool for 24 hours.
- Once the area has healed completely, approximately one week, consider using a waterproof total sunblock when going out in the sun to stop the color fading.
- Strong chemicals or glycolic acid/peels of any kind may cause the pigment to lighten. Always telephone and check with Wax Cabana if in any doubt.
- Do not pick or pull at the treated area as it will result in pigment loss. You will go through three healing phases: 1) heal, 2) peel and 3) fade. This is where the second session is extremely important – it reinforces the pigment.
- We recommend dry healing. If you wish to apply make-up we suggest you purchase new products to avoid cross infection/contamination.
- Giving Blood– The Red Cross have suggested that you do not give blood for 6 months following treatment.
- MRI Scans– This procedure shows up as an artifact on the scan. Some clients may experience a tingling sensation. Please notify your radiologist.
- Injectables– Dermal fillers and Botox can alter the shape of the eyebrows. Injectables should be carried out after a Microblade Brow procedure and not prior.
- Laser /Pulsed Light– Laser or pulsed light hair removal or skin rejuvenation treatments can cause color change – it is important to advise the therapist that you have had Microblading procedure.
- Color Refreshing– To keep your Microblade Brow looking its best it is recommended that you have a color boost procedure every 12 months.
- It is important to contact Wax Cabana immediately if you feel your procedure is not healing as listed and explain